Pleasurecraft Boatowners Insurance
Our boat insurance program offers All Risk, Agreed Value coverage, competitively priced for a broad range of vessels. From runabouts, jet boats, personal watercraft, tournament ski boats, houseboats, cruisers, sailboats, and wooden hulls to high-performance vessels, we ensure you receive peace-of-mind when it comes to protecting your vessel. We appreciate that your boat is more than a pleasurecraft, it’s an expensive investment with its own set of unique risks. Our comprehensive Boat insurance for pleasure use takes the worry out of boating, allowing you to leave the yacht club sooner, and providing you more time to enjoy your experience on the water.
Boat Insurance in BC - Product Features
Our program is designed for all boat owners and features clear and broad coverages with limited exclusions to provide you with the most comprehensive protection possible. In fact, the program offers protection and indemnity up to $10 Million, which means that in addition to paying for damage you may cause to other boats and properties, it provides coverage for legal costs, wreck removal, salvage fees, and pollution damage caused by the boat.
We provide coverage as long as the insured property is operated within Canada and the Continental USA, limited to a 1500-mile radius of your address provided and with respect to:
- Coastal waters of British Columbia, not North of Skagway, Alaska (60 degrees North Latitude), and not South of Westport, Washington (47 degrees North Latitude), in any event not exceeding 200 miles offshore, OR
- Coastal waters of Eastern Canada, not North of Henley Harbour, Labrador (52 degrees North Latitude), and not South of Gloucester, Massachusetts (42.5 degrees North Latitude), in any event not exceeding 200 miles offshore.
Boat Insurance Coverage - What coverage is included?
- All Risks – Hull & Machinery
- Agreed Value (current market value basis) which means the amount of coverage is agreed to at the beginning of the policy, and that amount will be paid out in the event of a total loss
- Personal Effects Coverage (replacement cost basis)
- Newly acquired vessel coverage
- No sub-limits on wakeboarding, water skiing, and tubing
- Sudden & Accidental Pollution (no sub-limit)
- Additional Expenses including:
- Rental Expense, Extra Expenses, Emergency Towing, and Fire Department Charges
Where to buy?
You can get a boat insurance quote or buy your Pleasurecraft policy directly online in about 5 minutes. In order to do so, we require the following information:
- Serial numbers for Vessel & Outboard Motor (if applicable)
- Serial numbers for all vessels and all other items over $2,500 (including tenders, auxiliary motors, boat lifts).
You can also purchase boat insurance in all of our 90 offices located across B.C. Each of our offices can assist you in the event of an insurance claim, including in the event that your vessel is affected by the actions of an uninsured boater.
What does our Product exclude?
- Applicants under the age of 25 years old.
- Vessel aged 15 years and older.
- The hull of the vessel that is fiberglass, over wood, wood or Ferro-cement.
- Vessels with a propane fridge.
- Vessels with a maximum speed exceeding 50 mph.
- Vessels that are not checked on a regular basis.