Insurance for BC Special Events and Weddings
Are you organizing a special event soon? Perhaps you’re getting married next month or planning a big 50th-anniversary party for your grandparents. Regardless of the occasion, special event insurance is useful for anyone hosting an event whether it’s for business or pleasure.
From a business perspective, examples of events that require such an insurance policy include hosting or being a vendor at conferences, trade shows, festivals, sporting events and other gatherings of larger groups at a central location for business purposes. On the pleasure side, celebrations such as a wedding, reception, anniversary, baby shower or other private special occasions subject people to a number of liabilities that should be mitigated by means of obtaining a solid Special Event Insurance Policy.
What is included in a Special Event Insurance Policy?
General liability insurance
This element of a Special Event Insurance Policy provides protection for situations in which a host of an event or a concessionaire must defend themselves against a law-suit or against having to pay damages for bodily injury or property damage to third parties. At events where alcohol is served, the policy should also include a Host Liquor Liability component.
Additional coverages often included are:
- Additional insured endorsement – provides protection to the venue and sponsors of the event. Commonly, facilities and venues require that all parties using the site name them as an additional insured on a general liability policy
- Third-party bodily injury & property damage – pays for bodily injury to others or property damage, destruction or loss of property belonging to others while it is in the care, custody or control of the policyholder
- Contractual liability – legal obligation voluntarily assumed under the terms of a contract, as distinguished from liability imposed by the law
- Tenant’s legal liability – designed to cover damage the property that you have leased or rented
- Medical Payments – without accepting negligence the policy will provide medical expenses only to an injured party
Event Cancellation Insurance
Cancellation Insurance is crucial to prevent financial hardship in case of the event’s cancellation. These policies can also be particularly useful when the event is not entirely canceled as even certain expenditures due to unforeseen circumstances may be covered. These circumstances can include things such as catastrophic weather and other unpredictable circumstances. The coverage may include financial reimbursement to the insured for deposits and other charges paid or contracted to be paid for transport, catering services, accommodation, photographs, flowers or dress hire booked for but not used and other non-refundable cancellation expenses incurred.
Where to buy cheap Special Event Insurance in BC?
With over 90 insurance offices across BC, we are one of BC’s largest writers of Special Event Insurance. Each of our offices can assist you in finding you the best Special Event Insurance for the lowest possible price. Whether you are getting married soon, planning an anniversary party or attending a convention, we will find you the best coverage for your circumstance.