Senior Accountant (#10041)
Who We Are:
InsureBC is one of the largest insurance brokerage groups in BC. For more than 35 years, we have been delivering top-quality insurance expertise and services to our valued customers. With the head office in Vancouver and 90 offices within BC and around the world, you can find our offices in every corner of the city. As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- General ledger, bank and various monthly reconciliations
- Prepare, enter and post journal entries
- Compile financial information to prepare month end/year-end financial statement
- Analyze financial statements and prepare management reports
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close processes
- Resolve accounting discrepancies
- Training and assisting other staff members
- Backup for intermediate accountant responsibilities (payables, receivables, deposits)
- Other administrative/operational tasks as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive work experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work independently with limited need for direction or supervision
- Ability to effectively communication with peers, management and stakeholders, both verbal and written
- Demonstrates natural leadership ability
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative
- Proven ability to consistently meet deadlines when working under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Advanced Excel skills
- Valid BC License as access to a vehicle is a must
- Flexible Hours (8:00am-10:00am start window)
- Work – Life Balance
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Personal Development and Learning Opportunity
- Potential Transition Into Supervisory Position
Regardless of your position within our Company, we offer a lucrative commission structure and an attractive benefits package which features a comprehensive extended health plan, vision & dental plan, long-term disability coverage, and a number of other important components designed to provide financial security to you and your family.
Grow with us:
At InsureBC, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth.
At InsureBC, our values are at the core of everything we do. Customer satisfaction comes first, and we are proud of our commitment to excellence, which allows us to efficiently deliver quality services and products to our customers.
Please email your resume along with the name of the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.