Branch Accountant (#10040)
Who We Are:
InsureBC is one of the largest insurance brokerage groups in BC. For more than 35 years, we have been delivering top-quality insurance expertise and services to our valued customers. With the head office in Vancouver and over 90 offices within BC and around the world, you can find our offices in every corner of the city. As we continue to grow our company and our markets, find out how you can grow your career with us.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Payables – Insurance companies and vendors
- Receivables – Deposits, client & insurance company reconciliations
- Resolve accounting discrepancies
- Maintain vendor files
- Prepare payments for signature
- General ledger, bank and various monthly reconciliations
- Compile financial information to prepare month end/year‐end financial statements
- Analyze financial statements and prepare management reports
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close processes
- Accounting Diploma ‐ Bachelors Degree
- Attention to detail an accuracy
- Must be able to work independently with limited need for direction or supervision
- Above average communications skills required (both written & verbal)
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi‐task
- Proficiency with Word and Excel
- Office experience an asset
- Type at least 40 wpm
- Access to a vehicle is required as travel to other branches will be necessary
Regardless of your position within our Company, we offer a lucrative commission structure and an attractive benefits package which features a comprehensive extended health plan, vision & dental plan, long-term disability coverage, and a number of other important components designed to provide financial security to you and your family.
Grow with us:
At InsureBC, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth.
At InsureBC, our values are at the core of everything we do. Customer satisfaction comes first, and we are proud of our commitment to excellence, which allows us to efficiently deliver quality services and products to our customers.
Please email your resume along with the name of the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.