British Columbia is one of the most spectacular places in North America to ride a motorcycle. If you love to ride your motorcycle around BC, you need to make sure you have the right kind of motorcycle insurance in place. More and more BC motorcycle riders are getting their motorcycle insurance through one of our InsureBC office locations.
What Motorcycle Coverage do I need in BC?
Similar to ICBC auto insurance, it is mandatory for all BC motorcyclists to carry standard insurance that covers third-party liability, accident benefits, and uninsured motorist protection. These standard coverages are part of what is offered through the ICBC motorcycle insurance program. Optional motor vehicle coverage includes having coverage for damage or loss; such as comprehensive, collision or increased liability limits. Our team of insurance experts will introduce a range of these coverages that would protect you against the damage or complete loss of your motorcycle caused by theft, fire or other unforeseen events.
Available Motorcycle Coverages
We offer a wide range of coverage options, including:
- $1,000,000 Excess Third Party Liability included, option to increase up to $3,000,000
- Collision & Comprehensive coverage deductibles starting at $300
- Underinsured Motorist Protection in excess of ICBC, up to $2,000,000
- Replacement Cost Coverage available
- Coverage while in use or in storage
- Emergency Road Service reimbursement up to $200 annually
- Lock Re-Keying (if the keys or transmitter are stolen)
- Riding gear & helmet coverage included, up to $5,000
- Discounts for experience, rider training, club affiliation and other certification
How much does Motorcycle Insurance cost in BC?
ICBC has put a rather complicated motorcycle insurance rate structure in place. But, with 90 convenient locations all across BC, our insurance experts will help find the lowest motorcycle insurance quote for the best possible coverage for your Motorcycle.
Motorcycle Insurance rates for your Motorcycle Insurance will be based on the following criteria:
- Operator’s driving experience
- Territory of operation
- Location of the vehicle when not in use
- Use of the vehicle (pleasure only, business, artisan, etc.)
- Optional coverages selected
- Any discounts that may apply, such as previous training undertaken, or other certification obtained.
Buying, selling or importing a Motorcycle?
Looking to buy or sell a vehicle? No problem, our licensed insurance agents can Transfer a motorcycle or even a scooter and get you back on the road pronto. Even if you are planning to import a motorcycle into BC from another Province or internationally, our team can assist you with all the paperwork required to get your two-wheeler back on the road. Please give our office a call in advance to find out which documentation is required to obtain a motorcycle insurance policy given your specific situation.