Internal Auditor (#10017)
The InsureBC Group is one of the largest insurance broker networks in British Columbia with over 90 locations. We offer a positive work environment, solid opportunity for personal growth as well as a competitive compensation package. In this position, you will be reporting to the VP of Finance and IT and will be based out of our head office located in Vancouver. We will provide training to the right candidate.
Someone in this position will be responsible for planning and performing internal audits (audits) for the company; these audits are independently designed to add value and improve operations. This will streamline the company’s objectives by providing a systematic approach to evaluate risk management and improve governance processes.
- To plan and perform audits of company processes and systems
- These audits will review various InsureBC branches and head office processes to ensure company policies and procedures are being followed, ensure controls are in place and make recommendations for improvement
- Present findings, risks and recommendations to multiple stakeholders
- Assist head office with special projects
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment with multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- A high degree of maintaining confidentiality when handling company financials and other sensitive information
- The ability to exercise sound judgment and possess problem solving skills
- Must be well organized, have the ability to multi-task and prioritize various projects
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have keenness to drive and manage necessary changes for the company
Education and Knowledge:
- Recognized accounting designation (CPA CA, CPA CGA, or CPA CMA).
- Internal Audit related designations (CIA, CISA, or CISSP) or working towards attaining your designation
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience conducting internal and/or external audits.
- Sound knowledge of internal controls; general corporate policies and procedures; and accounting principles
- Strong knowledge of various Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience in data analytics for audit purposes
- Previous working experience in insurance industry is considered an asset
Benefits of working at InsureBC:
- Health benefits will be effective after 3 months of employment which includes: extended health, dental coverage, short-term and long term disability, employee assistance program, etc
- Generous vacation policy
- Staff discount on Insurance products
- Opportunities for career advancement through education reimbursement
- Company sponsored events like: Team Building, Sun Run, etc.
- Supportive team environment
- Free parking
Grow with us:
At InsureBC, we understand that our strength comes from our skilled and dedicated employees and we work hard to support their ongoing professional development. We offer a number of training programs and development opportunities to support each of our employees in their pursuit of career advancement and growth.
At InsureBC, our values are at the core of everything we do. Customer satisfaction comes first, and we are proud of our commitment to excellence, which allows us to efficiently deliver quality services and products to our customers.
Please email your resume along with the name of the position you are applying for to email@example.com.
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.